Hiring for Single Family Offices
What is the role of the Tax Advisor in the Family Office set up?
To make sure the family office complies with tax laws and regulations in the jurisdiction it is situated, and to minimise the potential incidences of being taxed more than once, it is important for family offices to hire experienced tax advisors.
Among other matters, the tax advisor can advise on the:
- Advantages and considerations of various jurisdiction
- Availability and suitability of tax incentives, where appropriate
- Comment on the tax laws in relation to the creation of the family fund vehicle
- Comment on the tax impact for investment opportunities at the vehicle level
- Comment on the tax impact when the returns are distributed to the beneficiaries
- Comment and supervise on tax compliance