Nature of Crypto Payment Gateways
As a crypto payment gateway, must I have a payment service provider licence?
Cryptocurrencies are known as "digital payment tokens" in Singapore. Businesses accepting crypto payments are considered as "digital payment token transfer service". As such, they are likely to require a payment service provider licence.
last revised on 23 September 2021
MAS regulates seven payment services under the PS Act:
- Activity A: Account issuance service
- Activity B: Domestic money transfer service
- Activity C: Cross-border money transfer service
- Activity D: Merchant acquisition service
- Activity E: E-money issuance service
- Activity F: Digital payment token service
- Activity G: Money-changing service