Nature of limited liability companies
What is a limited liability company (LLC) in Singapore?
In Singapore, a limited liability company is not any one type of company as categorised by ACRA but includes a few different company structures where liability is not unlimited.
There are 7 types of companies which can be incorporated in Singapore. When you submit your company name application, you must specify the relevant company type. The available options are:
- Exempt private company
- Private company limited by shares
- Public company limited by shares
- Public company limited by guarantee
- Unlimited private company
- Unlimited exempt private company
- Unlimited public company