Regulations for Licenced Fund Management Companies (LFMCs)

Can individuals conduct regulated activities on behalf of the fund?

According to MAS (Pages)
last revised on 24 June 2019

Your company must notify MAS if it wishes to appoint representatives to conduct regulated activities on your behalf. An individual can be an appointed, provisional or temporary representative. An appointed representative is an employee or agent carrying out regulated activities on behalf of your company. A provisional representative is an experienced individual relocating to Singapore from overseas who is given a grace period of 3 months to meet the relevant examination requirements. A temporary representative may be your related company’s employee residing overseas, who is designated to carry out the regulated activity on behalf of your company for a limited period of time.