Foreigners looking to start a business
Can foreigners start a business in Singapore?
Foreigners can register a company and own 100% of its shareholding.
- You will need to engage a registered filing agent (such as a law firm, accounting firm or corporate secretarial firm) to submit the application in BizFile+ on your behalf.
- One of the directors/authorised representatives/general partners/managers must be a local resident.
Agents usually provide services, such as:
- Registration of company;
- Provision of Company Secretary;
- Provision of local nominee director;
- Filing Annual Returns with ACRA;
- Maintaining and updating of information with ACRA; etc.
Foreign entrepreneurs or existing Dependant Pass (DP) holders who wish to start a business in Singapore will need to consider:
- Setting up a company with an Employment Pass (EP) or
- Applying for an Entrepreneur Pass (EntrePass)
Foreigners can register and own 100% of a company in Singapore. You will need to engage a registered filing agent with an appropriate firm to submit the application on your behalf, and one of the directors/authorised representatives/general partners/ managers must be a local resident. Consider speaking to our professionals to ensure a smooth registration process.