Fund Management Company (FMC): Application

What licences are required to operate a fund management company?

If a company wishes to conduct regulated fund management activities under the Securities and Futures Act (SFA), it must be registered with MAS or hold a capital markets services (CMS) licence to operate either as a:

- Registered fund management company (RFMC) or
- Licensed fund management company (LFMC).

Managers of venture capital funds may also apply to operate under the venture capital fund manager (VCFM) regime.

Individuals performing key functions in a fund management company, such as portfolio construction and allocation, research and advisory, business development and marketing or client servicing are required to be representatives.