Regulations for Fund Management Companies
What are the licensing criteria and applicable requirements for fund management companies?
When assessing an application to be an RFMC, LFMC or VCFM, MAS takes into account factors such as:
- Fitness and propriety of the applicant, its shareholders and directors
- Track record and fund management expertise of the applicant and its parent company or major shareholders
- Ability to meet the minimum financial requirements prescribed under the SFA
- Strength of internal risk management and compliance systems.
- Business model/ plans and projections and the associated risks
In addition, your company would need to operate from a dedicated and secure office space that is accessible only by your company’s directors and staff.