Getting started: Setting up a business
Steps to incorporating in Hong Kong
1. Conduct a name search. It is the initial step before submitting the companies’ registration documents.
2. Submit incorporation documents that include the application form, the company’s Memorandum and Articles of association, and statutory declaration form.
3. Apply for the business registration certificate. The business Registration Ordinance requires that an incorporated company should apply for a business registration certificate from the Business Registration office.
The steps to incorporating a company in Hong Kong include;
1. Apply for a business name and obtain a certificate of incorporation
The initial step is to choose a name for your company. The 2 types of company in Hong Kong include:
- A company limited by shares
- A company limited by guarantee
Your chosen company name must be in agreement with the Registration of Company names for Hong Kong. Additionally, the name of the company must not have been used by another company that is already incorporated in Hong Kong and the name must also not infringe the intellectual property rights of a third party.
2. Prepare necessary documents for the Hong Kong Company Set Up.
You will then be required to have the following;
- An official copy of the Articles of Association.
- The company’s registered address.
- A brief description of the business activities.
- Official passport copies, details of shareholders, company secretary, and directors of the company.
Liability of the company members and the number of shares taken by the subscribers.
3. Submit Companies Registry Application
The required application forms can either be submitted electronically or in hard copy. You will also have to apply together with the registration fees and if the application is unsuccessful then a refund may be made. Besides, certificate registration fees are equally applicable.
The incorporation process of a company in Hong Kong is that simple and what is even more amazing is that firms are willing to help you with the entire process to ensure success and timely incorporation and Paul Hype Page is such a trusted firm.