Regulations for Fund Management Companies

When do I need to be registered or have a license to operate a fund?

If you are raising money from third party investors as part of a collective investment scheme, or managing investments in segregated accounts in capital market products (e.g. equity, bonds, financial derivatives), you will need to be licensed or registered.

If you are a company managing proprietary monies or monies of a single party of a group of related entities, you may be able to seek exemption from licensing or registration.