Guide to incorporating a foreign branch office

Next steps to take after the Registration in Hong Kong

1. Apply for the Certificate of Business Registration
All branch offices must register their business with the Inland Revenue Department to permit them to receive Business Registration Certificate. It is a requirement that all companies in Hong Kong be registered with the Inland Revenue Department must be done within one month from the date that the entity was incorporated in Hong Kong. The business registration number that is usually indicated on the Business Registration Certificate is also the company’s tax filing number. It is required that the business registration certificate be always displayed at the business premises.

2. Opening of a Bank Account
Once you complete the registration process with the Companies Registry and Inland Revenue Departments, the next step is to proceed to open a corporate bank account for your company. You can choose the bank account that you are willing to open your corporate account with since numerous good banks will offer you banking services in Hong Kong. Again, if you are having any difficulties in choosing a bank that will offer you the desired services then you can consult with our professional team that will help you make an informed decision on the same. However, if you choose to register your company with us, we will help you to choose the best bank that will suit your needs depending on your business idea.

3. Obtaining a Business License
Most Hong Kong businesses don’t require licensing. However, if the industry within which your business falls requires you to obtain one then you will have to acquire it before commencing on your business. It is therefore important for you to inquire if your line of business operations require licensing or not. Paul Hype Page is a consultation service firm that will offer you free consultation services if you are not sure the types of licensing or even if it is needed for your business to operate.

Nonetheless, the following industries or sectors will require that you have a business license to permit you to do your business.

  • Education business
  • Travel Company
  • Employment agency
  • Event Management Company
  • Trading Company
  • Financial Service Company
  • Retail business
  • Restaurant and food business.